[macvoiceover] Re: working with Dashboard

  • From: Donna Goodin <goodindo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 12:10:33 -0400

Hi David,

Thanks, Itime no. 2 worked splendidly.

Re item no. 3, is it normal for the mac not to speak the text that you type into a text field?
Thanks,
Donna
On Jul 29, 2009, at 11:53 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

donna;
, see my comments inline:

On Jun 29, 2009, at 11:36 AM, Donna Goodin wrote:

Hi all,

Well, today my task is learning to work with the dashboard, and I'm fairing no better than I did yesterday. So, I have a couple of questions. I'm sure these answers should be easy to find, but I have searched repeatedly inHlep to no avail.

1.  How do I open the dashboard?
press f12.

2. When I go into the dock and select the dashboard, it looks exactly like the dock. It seems to me that this should not be the case, I thought the dashboard had the weather widget and stuff on it. What am I doing wrong?

dunno about this one, but after pressing f12, press controll-option- f2 twice quickly. this puts you in the dashboard menu, right arrow and you can select your widigit or more widigets etcettera.

The fun begins!

3. When I go into Help and type in the search text field, all I hear is "Mac help" repeated as I type. Why am I not hearing the letters that I'm typing? So, here's how to search in help. press command-questionmark or go to the menubar and choose help and press enter on mac help. find and type into the search box and press enter.

thanks,
Donna