[macvoiceover] Re: word processing?

  • From: Travis Siegel <windowbridge@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 21:28:54 -0600

Text edit comes with osx.
It's a lot more than a text editor, it can handle html, rtf, txt, doc, and lots more. Also, you can save directly to pdf or html from *any* mac application that allows file saving, it's built in to the os. It won't do headers, footers, and the like, but it will handle a wide variety of needs, load it up and play with it, and you might be surprised at what you get.

On Dec 12, 2007, at 6:56 PM, Samuel Proulx wrote:

Hi, all:

What can we use for word processing in OSX? I don't mind paying a reasonable price for quality software. My requirements are that I must have support for tables, footnotes and endnotes, headers and footers with autotext (for example inserting time and page number in the header or footer), and I need to be able to save to some cross platform format like pdf or rtf or html or doc, or something. Also, support for document comments in the document text, and document revisions would be really nice, but I can make do without them if I must. I'd rather a