[macvoiceover] Re: word processing?

  • From: Jane Jordan <juanitatighan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 20:15:55 -0500

LaTex is good. Unfortunately I haven't re-installed it under Leopard, but when I played with it under Tiger it was good. I plan to play with it over the weekend--oops!---have to finish another project first ...

Jane

On Dec 12, 2007, at 7:56 PM, Samuel Proulx wrote:

Hi, all:

What can we use for word processing in OSX? I don't mind paying a reasonable price for quality software. My requirements are that I must have support for tables, footnotes and endnotes, headers and footers with autotext (for example inserting time and page number in the header or footer), and I need to be able to save to some cross platform format like pdf or rtf or html or doc, or something. Also, support for document comments in the document text, and document revisions would be really nice, but I can make do without them if I must. I'd rather a wysiwyg type system; if I wanted to write format codes myself, I'd just use html. Can anyone give me ideas of what software to look at? I also would like a basic spreadsheet program, but that need isn't quite as urgent.