[macvoiceover] Re: vue scan

  • From: Keith Reedy <wa9dro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 22:53:36 -0400

Marcy,

Thank you for the good words about, www.icanworkthisthing.com

It is so good to hear that folks are finding the site useful. You mite want to drop the author of that guide a note and tell her that it was helpful to you.

Keith Reedy

On Jun 4, 2009, at 10:11 PM, Marcy Weinberg wrote:

Hi, Keith!
Just wanted to thank you for having the site and all of the valuable information it has up there! I found all of the information I needed, and have been scanning and saving a few documents already. Also, to you, Cheryl, I found the email you sent awhile back with the instructions on how to work vue scan and read iris together, which was helpful as well. Naturally, I'll be visiting the site on a regular basis from now on. Marcy
On Jun 4, 2009, at 5:42 PM, Keith Reedy wrote:

Marcy,

Did you check out the guides from,
www.icanworkthisthing.com,
under
MAC with Voiceover.

Keith Reedy

On Jun 4, 2009, at 5:23 PM, Marcy Weinberg wrote:

Hi, all,
I've been working for quite awhile now on vue scan with read iris. I've read all the notes in the old emails, and downloaded the demo of vue scan. It seems to scan the document with no problem, and gives it a name. But when I go to read iris, and press the button that says open a document from a file, I can't seem to get the file to open. I have it set to text edit, and have it set to file, not my scanner. I have automatic ocr checked, and have set the items in vue scan that I read about in the emails. If someone could tell me how to get the image to be recognized in read iris, I'd be very appreciative. I'll keep working on it till I hear from someone, anyone! Thanks! Marcy
--
Wordy Mom
Think positive,

Wordy Mom