[macvoiceover] Re: voices for osx

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <cah4110@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Macvoiceover Email list <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 15:13:51 -0500

Probably just if you like the sound and think some of their pronunciation is
better.

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable to You, Lord,
my rock and my Redeemer.
(Psalm 19:14 HCSB)

On Sep 16, 2015, at 2:23 PM, Ian Edwards <ianedwards42@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Other than just how they sound, is there any advantage to using a third-party
voice provider over the ones that come with your Mac?

Ian

On Sep 16, 2015, at 1:03 PM, Cheryl Homiak <cah4110@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I use infovox voices a lot. For a while I uninstalled them because i was
having some issues with Yosemite that I thought might be related and
probably were. I am trying them on El Capitan and that's all I'll say about
that right now. I know some people don't like them but I really do. But
this isn't a recommendation because i don't know how they will work for you
and I don't want to mislead you into buying something.
http://www.assistiveware.com/product/infovox-ivox/

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable to You, Lord,
my rock and my Redeemer.
(Psalm 19:14 HCSB)

On Sep 16, 2015, at 1:53 PM, Singing Sparrow <sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Asides the vocalizer voices, what other voices are good to use with
Voiceover and how much do they cost?

On 9/16/2015 1:38 PM, Tuscia Falconer wrote:
So far, I have not noticed any difference, this may be because I already
had the enhanced version due to the stream of upgrades, however, when I
went into the list of voices that can be downloaded, it initially listed
as enhanced but was the only choice.

TF

On 17/09/2015, at 6:30 am, Singing Sparrow <sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

is there any differences between both voices for alex?

On 9/16/2015 1:18 PM, Tuscia Falconer wrote:
Alex is no longer listed as enhanced.
Perhaps there is an improvement, I don't think I have investigated the
selection of voices since Mavericks, perhaps Mountain Lion, certainly I
can't recall checking it out since Yosemite.

TF

On 17/09/2015, at 4:50 am, Ian Edwards <ianedwards42@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'll be curious to see if once you install the enhanced Alex, it becomes
the default Alex and enhanced is no longer listed as an option..

Ian

On Sep 16, 2015, at 10:48 AM, Tuscia Falconer
<tusciafalconer@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes, there is an enhanced Alex, already checked, there is no other Alex,
I am currently downloading a 1.2Gb file, though I think I already have
it, we shall see if this makes any difference !

TF

with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface
at //www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover