[macvoiceover] Re: verbosity on VO

  • From: "David Poehlman" <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 10:37:05 -0500

they are comparable.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeanette Beal" <bealjk@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2008 10:35 PM
Subject: [macvoiceover] Re: verbosity on VO

Hi - I'm referring to the speed at which text is read.  In JAWS
settings range on a scale 0-100% and numeric (say, 92 or 105) which
can easily translate to any JAWS user.  VO uses a similar scale with
percentages (I currently have mine set at 79%).  In JAWS it's usually
referred to as rate - same in VO.  I just need to figure out a way to
relate the VO rate to JAWS as VO doesn't get into as much detail.
Ie. are there any JAWS users who were at 75% or 123 rate/verbosity
setting that have found comparable settings on a mac?
Jeanette