[macvoiceover] useful trackpad custom gestures

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 07:38:15 -0700

I suppose this might be bordering on the off topic, because, strictly
speaking, its not a "how to" question. But it does involve getting the
most out of your MAC with VO, so here goes.

I'd be curious to hear what gestures or groups of gestures those of you
with trackpads, magic or on the Macbook pro, have found to be the most
useful, efficient, helped you use your Mac more fluently and easily,
and how you organized them. When faced with a bunch of possibilities,
it seems like it would be useful to organize things into logical
groups, e.g. control key plus gesture for certain related commands,
command plus gesture for another etc, rather like what Apple did with
the preassigned numeric pad commander commands, where, for instance,
all the web-related commands equate to various keypad keys plus the
keypad insert key.

Mary