[macvoiceover] Re: use your computer's keyboard as input for your IPhone:

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 07:03:20 -0400

well, you might still want an external keyboard. too bad they don't make a bluetooth one any more with a numpad. if you want a bluetooth numpad, you might be able to find one.

Batteries batteries batteries!

On Aug 2, 2009, at 9:09 PM, Donna Goodin wrote:

Oh, wow, I can't tell you how happy you just made me. I had planned to purchase an external keyboard this week for that very reason.
Take care,
Donna
On Aug 2, 2009, at 9:07 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

Yes, number key will work with numpad commander.

On Aug 2, 2009, at 7:39 PM, Donna Goodin wrote:

Oh, wow, Numberkey sounds cool. David, do you know if Numberkey allows you to use your iphone to run numpad commander?
Donna
On Aug 2, 2009, at 4:57 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

ok,

you have to have two apps. I think remotekey connect is free but remote key is $1.99. you first run remotekey connect and then you run remote key on your phone. if you don't have a router, you need to create an adhok wireless network on your mac that remote key can join once remote key connect is running. if youdo have a wireless network, it should be fine as remote key connect will be discovered by remote key connect. I don't have the app but number key which is free and sort of works in reverse is sort of the same except it turns your iphone into a num pad for your mac.

On Aug 2, 2009, at 4:49 PM, Koumanova Rostislava wrote:

hi david,
i down loaded the app but i don't know how to use it , any idea?
rk

Il giorno 02/ago/09, alle ore 19:49, David Poehlman ha scritto:

all;

There is an app named remotekey which when paired with remote key connect allows youto send commands to your iphone via your mac keyboard. It disables your wifi network during the process I am told but might give some the edge they seek.

it costs 1.99.