[macvoiceover] Re: two unrelated questions

  • From: Dan Eickmeier <va3ets@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 14:06:54 -0500

Hi Brian, as far as the security update goes, just let it do its thing, and it'll be done in time I'd think.

On Nov 10, 2008, at 7:55 AM, Brian Moore wrote:

HI all. Okay, this one has been driving me nuts for a couple of weeks. Searching of the apple site isn't all that helpful most likely because I am
not doing it correctly.
For a couple of weeks now, software uppdate has been offering me security update 2008-7 which I would love to install. However, anytime I attempt it, it gets to 6% of the installation and gets stuck. The message at that point
is configuring installation.
I ran disk utility and tried checking my installation volume, checking
permissions etc but no joy. IF I have to, I can reinstall from my original dvd but don't really want to do this. MOstly because I moved recently and still can't find things. My mac cds are here some place but lots of boxes
to look through.
on an unrelated note, does anyone know of a program which I could feed a text file and have Alex read into an audio file like an mp3 or something. I have lots of books in .txt format that I would like to convert to audio for playback on an mp3 player. I can do this in windows but none of the voices
are near as good as Alex.
thanks.
Brian.