[macvoiceover] Re: turning down the internal speaker on the mac mini

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 13:56:50 -0400

that preference payne causes issues though. AS I recall, using the function keys that controll the volume should fix this. otherwise, since they took care of you at the apple store, it might be orth discussing with them.

On May 28, 2009, at 1:33 PM, Dan Eickmeier wrote:

Hi Marty, There's a preference pane that you can get to control the volume of the mac start up sound. Forget where I'd gotten it though, i do have it on my iMac here.
On May 28, 2009, at 1:17 PM, Marty Rimpau wrote:

Hi all, I tried asking this question before, and got no response, so I'll try asking the question one more time. I had a problem where I had to take my mac mini in to the apple store, and the stuck cd was removed, but in the process, the internal speaker was turned up somehow, and I'm wondering how I can get the internal speaker where you hear the chime, back down to where it use to be, because, now, the chime is so loud, that if I start the mac late at night, it may wake somebody up. I did find out that my output level was decreased, so I fixed that, under sound, but where do you control the internal speaker volume on the mac mini? I think that the technition did something with the mouse, because he put a dvd in to see if the drive was damaged, and he must have turned up the internal speaker up somehow, so any assistance would greatly be appreciated.