[macvoiceover] this combo updater, or repair permissions

  • From: "Marty Rimpau" <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mac voice over list" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 15:47:21 -0700

Hi all, I just shut down my mac again, and it did the thing where it
waited, and waited, and eventually shut down, and when this happens, it
seems that in that particular session, voice over doesn't gain focus
when I boot up, so I wonder if this combo updater, or repair
permissions would help me, but I am afraid to run it if there's
something advanced that I don't know about.  I tried running software
update, and it said that there were no updates for my machine, so I
might need some help, because this shut down thing worries me, and when
it happens, I hear what sounds like either paper noises, or something
with a display in the mac mini, and this seems to happen every other
session when I run the machine, and that is all I know about this.

Marty