[macvoiceover] the three day rule and opperating systems a must read:

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 06:59:03 -0400

All;

I've never seen this published anywhere but by me but over the years, I've found that once you install a new os whether upgrade or clean on the mac, you need to allow your system to run for at least three days streight before deciding that it has issues.

for instance, I was getting a busy when emptying the trash in mail. for this and my usual, I just got round to allowing my system to run for 3 days and that issue is now gone.

I think this goes back to some discussions of things that the os does automatically to clean the system periodically and we do know that the mac os is at least somewhat self healing so try it out if you are experiencing performance issues.