[macvoiceover] Re: the new OS

  • From: Tuscia-Falconer <falconer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 15:02:06 +1200

Perhaps it will advise you only after initiating the download and install. It
may do a scan first and let you know. I wonder whether you will still be billed
if it is not installed after that initial purchase click ?
though there must be some detailed info out there somewhere.

TF

On 26/07/2012, at 2:34 PM, Ronald Johnson wrote:

Keith,

        I actually went to the App Store and looked up the new kitty and
notice, under requirements, the only thing listed is you need 10.6.8 or later
to install it.  Nothing was mentioned about any specific hardware requirements.
 Also, I see that the buy button is not dimmed, leading me to believe that
either one can purchase and download it but if your machine can't run it,
you'll not be able to install it, or that perhaps my machine is able to run it,
just won't be able to use features like "Power Nap".

        FYI, my MacBook is a 12" White MacBook with an Intel Core-2 Duo,
2.16GHz, 4GB RAM, and I bought it from someone on this list in February of
2009, and she said it was about 1 year old at that time.

        I've heard say that Apple's deleted support for the GMA 950 graphics
set, which is what these machines have.  If so, then I'm guessing ML won't
install, even if I'm able to buy and download it?

        If anyone's succeeded in installing this latest kitty on a machine this
old, please let us know!

Thanks!

Ron J.