[macvoiceover] Re: terminating calls on the iphone

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 06:46:58 -0400

can you breathe?

On Jun 28, 2009, at 11:52 PM, Keith Reedy wrote:

Hey, its gonna happen, I'm just about to take the plunge, I just wonder if I am smart enough to work one of these things.

Keith Reedy

On Jun 28, 2009, at 9:29 PM, patrickneazer wrote:

Hello Donna and all:

Good heavens (smile). Why wait (wink). Just think how much fun you will have calling people from your Iphone over the holiday weekend. You can send your first text message telling people that you wish they were here and you can even take a snapshot of the surroundings ... camera works great. Captured my first picture and now that picture is the photo that pops up when they call. Not everyone will think that is useful or practical though I do (smile). The picture came out pretty well ... impress your friends.

I am an NPR fan and my Niece already got her little hands around the Iphone (smile). I was close by and she could not do more damage to the phone than I could. Currently, I think she will enjoy the other phone better ... has Mobile TV on it and she is a fan of the Cartoon network (smile).

OK, enough family history though I will finish by saying given that I can listen to tunes while on a call my aversion to headphones is giving way. This gadget just might cause changes in thinking (wink).

Run out and get one today ... who knows ... you buying one might put Keith over the edge (smile). Keith, you are next (smile).
On Jun 28, 2009, at 10:10 AM, Donna Goodin wrote:

Good morning, Patrick,

Well, it's good to know I'm not the only one who doesn't like wearing headphones. And I have to say, if my poor brain can handle the multitasking, it'd be cool to listen to music while on a call. I think your messages have been successful, the urge to run out and try it is growing stronger by the moment. I imagine I'll have to succumb soon, but can't decide whether to do it now, and be learning to use it while on our 4th of July pilgrimage to visit the fam, or wait till after we get back.

BTW, re your niece, don't know if you're an NPR fan, but they had an amusing segment on All Things Considered a few weeks back about people's kids, nieces etc getting hold of their electronic toys. One of the stories featured someone whose toddler niece did manage to get hold of the iphone. I wouldn't recommend it! *smile*
Cheers,
Donna

From: "Marco" <news@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 27/06/2009 19:22

I thought that the 3GS came with a ear bud set with a mic on the cord.
My
nokia phone has this on the ear buds and it works great for answering
and
ending calls as well as talking handsfree.

Maybe it is under the accessories page that apple has under
apple.com/accessibility.

I've not checked out this sight yet but maybe it might have suggestions
for
accessibility devices that will make your IPhone experience even
better.

Marco