[macvoiceover] Re: terminating calls on the iphone

  • From: patrickneazer <patrickneazer@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 02:23:38 -0400

Good morning Donna and all:

Donna. You can relight your enthusiasm for getting an Iphone (smile). It is not a requirement to have a head set on to answer or hang up from calls. You can do both quite nicely without the headset. I had to get used to the reality that moving the Iphone toggles the speaker phone. It was not an annoyance just a little surprising at first (wink). My niece thought it was pretty cool (smile). Now to keep her from running off with it. Is there an app for that?

On Jun 27, 2009, at 9:50 PM, Donna Goodin wrote:

Hi all,

As one who doesn't yet have an iphone, the problem is this issue of requiring a headset. I don't *want to *have to wear a head set to use this phone. Apple really needs to address this. I was really hot about getting the iphone, now I'm pulling back. If I can't answer and end a call unless I'm wearing headphones, this isn't a phone I'm ever going to buy.
Best,
Donna

From: "Marco" <news@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 27/06/2009 19:22

I thought that the 3GS came with a ear bud set with a mic on the cord.
My
nokia phone has this on the ear buds and it works great for answering
and
ending calls as well as talking handsfree.

Maybe it is under the accessories page that apple has under
apple.com/accessibility.

I've not checked out this sight yet but maybe it might have suggestions
for
accessibility devices that will make your IPhone experience even
better.

Marco