[macvoiceover] Re: strange behavior in mail

  • From: Marcy Weinberg <rhymingmom1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 14:31:32 -0400

Ah, why did I not think of that? But I went whole hog. When I opened Safari and got dinged when I tried to open the link chooser menu, that was it! I said to myself, that's all, brother! I restarted my mac and mail is back to normal, and so is Safari. But while I was checking Safari, vo attempted to restart, but was so goofed up I had to turn it off and on again. Yikes! Is my computer possessed today or what? Thanks for this, Patrick! You're really earning those c o o k i e s today grin! Marcy

On Aug 13, 2009, at 2:10 PM, patrickneazer wrote:

Hello Marcy and all:

Sorry about that (smile).

Better question, has activating and deactivating voiceover not resolved this problem?

On Aug 13, 2009, at 1:43 PM, Marcy Weinberg wrote:

Hi, Patrick and everyone,
I have the preview pane, or should I say pain, closed far as I know. What should I be deactivating and then reactivating? Oh, no, if you solve this one, more... <sigh> Grin, Marcy
On Aug 13, 2009, at 1:39 PM, patrickneazer wrote:

Hello Marcy and all:

How are you opening email ... enter? vo + j. the tab key given that the preview pain is off?

I am guessing deactivating and reactivating has brought you know joy?

On Aug 13, 2009, at 1:32 PM, Marcy Weinberg wrote:

Hi, Everybody,
All of a sudden, each time I open an email, it focuses on the tool bar. I vo over to the message content area and have to interact to read the email. I didn't change anything that I know of this morning, so I don't know why it's behaving like this. But it's driving me nuts, and making reading my mail rather tedious. Any ideas? Thanks! Marcy
--
Wordy Mom
Think positive,

Take good care and I wish you enough.