[macvoiceover] Re: speech and the Ipod Touch

  • From: Basil Clement <basilclement@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 17:27:27 +0100

Oh right. In that case, I stand corrected, and humbly offer my apologies for unknowingly providing inaccurate information.

Basil

On 18 Jul 2009, at 17:22, David Poehlman wrote:

this is not entirely accurate. it is speculated that it will be accessible beginning with a possible new ipod touch. Apple have not made any announcements.

On Jul 18, 2009, at 12:20 PM, Basil Clement wrote:

It is supposed to be accessible from September onwards.

On 18 Jul 2009, at 17:16, Ignasi Cambra wrote:

No, it doesn't work. There is no talking iPod touch yet.
On Jul 18, 2009, at 12:02 PM, Ford Blackwell wrote:

I apologize if this is an old question. However, I have just joined the list. I'm really a Windows user, but am considering the eventual purchase of a Mac/Iphone.

In the mean time, it would appear that the Ipod Touch with the latest firmware upgrade should talk like th Iphone. I've gotten differing opinions about this from others. Is there any definitive answer short of buying one and trying it? (KInd of an expensive test)

Thanks for your answers/thoughts.

Clifford