[macvoiceover] Re: some issues

  • From: James Dean <professordean@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 11:07:35 -0400

This is happening because, by default, Voiceover announces text that is under
the cursor instead of speaking the letter to the right of the cursor, as
windows does. To change this, press VO+F8 and select "Verbosity" from the
categories table. VO+right until you get to the "text" tab and select it with
VO+Space. Find the pop-up button that says, "when moving the cursor," and
change the selection to "Speak text to the right of the cursor."

As for using the spellchecker, a couple of things. First, find the miss-spelled
word and press VO+shift+M to bring up a menu that will have a list of suggested
corrections and pick one. There is also a command to open the spellchecker that
Keith mentioned, I know it's something+semi-colon, but can't remember what the
rest of the keys in the combination are. LOL.

HTH a little anyway,

James A. Dean