[macvoiceover] Re: snow leopard changed implementation of type ahead in finder:

  • From: "Marty Rimpau" <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 08:48:42 -0700

Hi all, both in leopard, and snow leopard, you can use first letter
navigation to get to an item, no matter which view you're in, but I
find in list view, once I press r for radio, that if I want the third
item down, I have to press the letter r, then arrow down twice, it was
this way in leopard, as well as in snow leopard, but now in snow
leopard, when you move to another item, after voice over starts
speaking the name of the item you're on, you get silence, even though
the voice over cursor moves there, so you have to up arrow, and back
down again to make sure you're on the item you want, and I personally
would preferre that voice over just say finder when I exit an
application, because then I could type the name of the next thing I'd
want to go to, and have voice over speak.
On Wed, 9 Sep 2009 10:10:53 -0400, David Poehlman wrote:

right, but if you press s, and then press s again, it speaks the app.

On Sep 9, 2009, at 10:00 AM, Tommaso Nonis wrote:

I have leopard, and it doesn't move you that way. You need to press
the s and the second letter in order to move from app to app beginning

with the same character. The way you describe, as far as I am aware,
works in windows.

> macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the
> Webinterface at //www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover

Marty