[macvoiceover] smtp keeps rejecting pass word

  • From: "Marty Rimpau" <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mac voice over list" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 10:09:49 -0800

Hi all, I hope this isn't off topic, but my account was hacked, so I
had to change my pass word, and initially, I got the warning, and
checked the check box to remember the pass word on my key chain, but
the problem is, that the outbound smtp server keeps rejecting the pass
word, and I have to keep entering it again, and I took a look in
accounts, under account information, and found the edit boxes for the
pass word, but I can't change it, because I get the default funk sound
when I try to do so, so, how do I change pass words in mail, and where
does one go to find out the port that outgoing mail goes out on?  I did
look around in advanced, and it mentioned port 110, which is incoming,
but nothing about outgoing, so any assistance regarding this would
greatly be appreciated.

Marty