[macvoiceover] Re: skype

  • From: Richie Gardenhire <rhire1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 17:46:28 -0900

Hi Mary, I have a Plantronix headset that plugs into my USB port on my Mac Mini and has a microphone on the left side of the headset. In the Sounds Tab in Sys Pref, press VO+right arrow to get to External Device, or something like that. Your headset will be identified and switched to. Close the Sys Pref window by press Command+Q. You should be ready to go. HT. BTW, I'm running Leopard; Snow Leopard may be different, and there may be an even quicker way to seitch over to your headset. Richie Gardenhire, Anchorage, Alaska.

On Dec 25, 2009, at 5:43 PM, Mary Otten wrote:

Hi folks,
Is anybody on here using Skype on their mac?  Any tips or things to
watch out for?

I've got a Mini, so it doesn't have a built in mic. I assume I'd need a
headset with mic. Any recommendations?

Mary