[macvoiceover] selection deleted:

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 09:07:40 -0400

all;

To clear up the confusion you may encounter when working with vo and you hear "selection deleted", I will explain what is happening. When you are using the vo cursor, it provides you with information about what is in it and what is happening with it. for instance, if you are in the finder and hit the escape key, often, you will hear, "selection deleted". Now, what is happening here is that you are iare being nformed that what was in the voice over cursor has been removed. it might actually say "...was removed from selection". This is the same as when you are typing and changing things without deleting them. The only time something is deleted is when it is deleted.. you can ignore this but just be aware that what you are being is told is that you are free to type. It may not be the best way to communicate this information, but that is what is being communicated.