[macvoiceover] Re: searching for text on a web page

  • From: Donna Goodin <goodindo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 14:42:36 -0400

Hi Marty,

Thanks. As I said, i sort of stumbled upon the CommandF option, and clearly that isn't a good one. :) I will play around with both VO-F and the item chooser. Thanks for the warning that it may not always work, nice to know not to be thrown if that happens.
Best,
Donna
On Jul 31, 2009, at 11:40 AM, Marty Rimpau wrote:

Hi Donna, try using vo f to search for the text you want, though since there is no virtual cursor, except for the voice over cursor, the command may not always work, and if it doesn't, you'll just hear a bleep sound, but just type your text in the edit box, and press enter, and it should give you the first instance of that text, and this has nothing what so ever to do with the other operating system, for the other irritated poster, we all in a sense, had to start over with the mac, and we wouldn't have wanted people getting irritated with us, if we asked questions the way Donna is asking them.
On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 08:35:57 -0500, brandon armstrong wrote:

donna I'm sorry but i am getting real tired of your pointless
questions on this list.
you are coming to the point where i don't want to be here anymore and
i am on the virg of unsubscribing period.
Please stop asking questions that relate to windows on the mac.
thanks.
Brandon
On Jul 30, 2009, at 8:16 AM, Donna Goodin wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Recently, when searching for text on a webpage using command-F, I
> saw a button that said 2 results found, but I seemed to have no way
> to actually see the results. How do you view results when searching
> on a webpage?
> Thanks,
> Donna

>> Manage your subscription by using the web interface on the link
>> below.

>> with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the
>> Webinterface at //www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover

> macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Marty