[macvoiceover] Re: sd card, victor reader stream and the mac:

  • From: Ray Hazan <ray.hazan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 09:46:18 +0100

Hi David,

For over a year now I have been transferring books from Mac to card reader with 4GB card, often renaming file name and Stream has never had a problem.

Somebody has written a programme called IStream but I am afraid I have never got the hang of it.

So, do persevere, preferably via a card reader.

Ray
On 23 May 2009, at 02:49, David Poehlman wrote:

All;

Off and on, we talk about this victor reader stream and mac thing. I have a new development to share, some of us can connect the stream to the mac just fine and others like me have little to no success.

I am now using an sd card to copy books from the mac and play on the stream and just for grins, I put that card into the stream and connected it and it works. I have another card that I tried with and it doesn't work but I've gotten farther than before anyway when nothing worked.

I think that once you put files on a card, the mac can more easily see the stream but I did try that with the non working car and it still did not work so I am at a loss to explain the issue. The card that does not work when in the stream connected to the mac works just fine in a card reader on the mac and in the stream to play material and in windows so I doubt it is a fault in the card.

Thanks!