[macvoiceover] Re: scanning software

  • From: Travis Siegel <tsiegel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 23:02:24 -0600

Depending on your scanner, you may be able to use something like read iris (works with some scanners and macs than others) or vuscan, both of which are commercial products, but I don't think either one is $299, so if one of those work for you, then save your money and purchase whichever one (or both) works for you. And f neither one does, then check out the other one. Of course, I could be mistaken about pricing, especially for vuscan, since I didn't like it when I tried it, so don't remember the pricing on it.

At the moment, I'm using read iris pro (version 9.0) and it works pretty well for me, but others have reported difficulties, and outright failure in some cases as well, so always better to give the demos a try first where possible.