[macvoiceover] Re: say all equivalent in safari

  • From: Dan Eickmeier <va3ets@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 12:16:39 -0500

Hi Tasha, good to hear that you've switched to the mac,
What I usually do if I'm reading long amounts of text on web pages, is lock my control and option keys with Control option semicolon and keep hiting my right arrow. There is the VO A command, but I find that this doesn't work reliably on web pages, so what I said above is what I usually do. On Nov 29, 2008, at 8:23 AM, Tasha Raella Chemel wrote:

Okay, so I've just switched to the mac, and of course, I have no idea what i'm doing. i'm using safari to access a webpage with a very long story on it that I would like to read straight through. I have my web navigation set to DOM. However, when I use my vo and left and right arrow keys, I can only get it to read paragraph by paragraph, and when I interact with the text, I can only interact with a paragraph at a time. Once, I got it to treat the whole story as a group, but I have no idea how this happened, and I wasn't able to interact with this group. If there is no way to read continuously from a webpage, is there a way to copy and paste the whole contents of the page
into text edit so that I can read the story that way?
thanks!
Tasha