[macvoiceover] Re: reverting back to lion?

  • From: Suzanne Erb <suzerb1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 07:40:53 -0400

Hi Jennifer,
        Why would you want to revert to Lion?  You can actually keep most of
you old Lion settings that you had before upgrading.  In most cases, you can
just do things the way you might have done them using Lion until you get more
adventurous.  Many of the customizations can be made as you go along.  You can
just learn as you go, rather than making lots of changes all at once.  I
wouldn't recommend reverting to Lion unless you have a really good reason.
        Actually, I think that, on the whole, Mountain Lion is better than
Lion, and I don't think you need to learn Lion before learning Mountain Lion.
For example, if you go to www.macfortheblind.com you will hear lots of
discussion about new features for Lion.  Most of the changes for Lion will be
applicable to Mountain Lion, too, with one or two exceptions, most notably the
wonderful selecting and copying text from web pages which Ricardo Walker so
well describes in his podcast. Both www.macfortheblind.com and
WWW.appletothecore.info which is Ricardo's podcast are very good resources.
Have fun playing with the Kitty, and don't feel as though you have to learn
everything in one day.
Purrrr!!!
Suzanne