[macvoiceover] Re: results of Repair permission

  • From: Marcy Weinberg <rhymingmom1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 13:30:19 -0400

Hi, Donna,
Far as I know, permissions repair fixes all of the things it lists. I've never done anything afterwards except close it out, and sometimes restart though not required or it would tell you so. And I don't understand the technology of all it mentions in the results table either! Hope this helps.
On Jul 30, 2009, at 12:53 PM, Donna Goodin wrote:

Hi all,

OK, I just ran the Repair Permisions utility, and have a question about the results.

On just about every line, it says that the value should be rw r r, but that the value is lrwxr x x. Should I assume that the utility has fixed this, or is it telling me that there’s something I need to do?

Thanks,

Donna

--
Wordy Mom