[macvoiceover] restoring new iPhone 6 from cloud?

  • From: Maria Chapman <bubbygirl1972@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mac Voice <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2015 11:04:05 +1100

HI. trying to help my brother set up his new iPhone. WE originally chose the
option that said restore from back up on the settings screen. We then
discovered that the new iPhone 6 he purchased from vodafone UK had only been
updated to 8.3 and was not able to be restored from the cloud. . We then rang
apple, who advised us to set it up as a new iPhone and update it to 9.1. That
is now done. My question is now how do we access the iCloud backup in order to
restore the iPhone. He doesn’t use iTunes so we need to do it from the cloud.
Do we need to reset factory settings and then choose to restore iPhone from
backup? or is there another way?
The iPhone we are trying to back up from is still running 8.4 and the cloud
says there is a current backup.

Please write on list as this answer could benefit others in the future.

many thanks.
Maria