[macvoiceover] Re: recommendations for purchasing Apple mac

  • From: Ricardo Walker <rwalker296@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 15:31:01 -0400

Go to system prefs/keyboard. Then select the keyboard tab. After that vo spacebar on modifier keys. here you can turn the windows key into option. That it what I have done after my apple keyboard bit the bullet and I had to use one of my windows keyboards I had lying around

On Oct 29, 2009, at 3:23 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

and how does one assign the windows keys on a mac to reflect the mac keyboard layout?

On Oct 29, 2009, at 3:14 PM, Ricardo Walker wrote:

Hi,

and even this isn't a big deal because you can assign the modifier keys so the lay out is almost identical to that of that of an apple keyboard.
On Oct 29, 2009, at 12:31 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

well, just remember that the application key will be useless for mac os and the alt key becomes the command/apple key and the alt key becomes the option key and you are good to go.

On Oct 29, 2009, at 12:17 PM, Reese wrote:

yeah, got a couple of USB key boards laying around here and a monitor as
well.

Reese