[macvoiceover] Re: reading mail

  • From: carlene knight <cknight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 17:53:39 -0700

that's how I do it too and I love it. what I was getting at is that when I scroll through the new messages, I have to hear the status blank and who it is from before I can even hear what the subject of the message is. I think somebody has already provided the answer I needed, but I thank you so much for your response. I didn't know about the method you and I use to read email until just a few days ago and I am new to the Mac so any ideas are appreciated.

On Aug 30, 2009, at 1:02 PM, Robert Carter wrote:

Hi,

Just interact with the messages table and use the vo+left and right arrow to position the focus on the subject field and you can use vo +J to jump between the subject field and the body of the message.

I have discovered that I like reading mail this way. It is very fast.

Robert Carter
On Aug 30, 2009, at 2:56 PM, carlene knight wrote:

        Hi:

I am using Leopard and I know there is a way to read just the subject header of a list of email because I've accidentally gotten into it. I can't seem to find a way to do it when I try though. It's real handy. I don't have to listen to the name of the person, the date it was sent, ETC before I get to the subject of the message. How can I do this?