[macvoiceover] Re: read and unread messages

  • From: Marcy Weinberg <rhymingmom1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 13:00:03 -0400

Hi, Marie!
From what I recall, you have to vo around, and stop on the horizontal splitter between the message table and the message content, I think. I recall there were 2 horizontal splitters, and it is either the one before or after the message content. Anyway, this is the part that gets tricky. You probably will need sighted assistance. You interact with the horizontal splitter, and then the mouse has to be clicked to turn the preview pane off. I believe I tried with the lower right- hand corner of the track pad but it didn't work for that purpose so I had to have a pair of eyes do it for me. I hate when that happens, but such is life sometimes. I sure hope this helps you, and that my info is all correct! Marcy
On May 27, 2009, at 11:36 AM, Marie Howarth wrote:

how do you switch the preview pain off guys? I can't remember.

On May 27, 2009, at 4:21 PM, Dan Eickmeier wrote:

that's one of the thingsthat happens when using the preview pane. So that's why i have mine off.
On May 27, 2009, at 10:49 AM, Dennis Bartlett wrote:

Hello all,
Here is what I have seen.
When first intering the message area in a mailbox the messages will say unread. Even if you don't read the messages and simply arrow through the list the unread status is no longer spoken. Maybe because the messages were highlighted when arrowing through them the mail app thinks they have been read.

Wordy Mom
Think positive,
...be positive,
...your cup is always half full.