[macvoiceover] Re: read all?

  • From: Jane Jordan <juanitatighan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 21:33:31 -0500

Hit VO-keys-V in Textedit, and go to punctuation. Change it to none. Also, with formatting, change it do do nothing.

Jane

On Dec 14, 2007, at 7:23 PM, Samuel Proulx wrote:

I tried that. But I can't get it to stop reading new lines. Also, when I hit control, it always puts me back at the top again, for some reason.
On 14-Dec-07, at 7:21 PM, Buddy Brannan wrote:

In TextEdit, interact with the text area, then do VO-A. When you press ctrl to shut the thing up, it will leave you where it stops reading, and an addition VO-A will start her back up where you left off. Unless, of course, you close the document.
On Dec 14, 2007, at 7:19 PM, Samuel Proulx wrote:

Hey all:

Thanks for the answers to the word processing and excel questions; I've got one more. I read large etext files (books, etc) for class and entertainment. However, I haven't been able to get voiceover to read from the cursor to the end of the document correctly. I've tried voiceover A, but in text edit, it reads new lines and formatting information; this isn't what's wanted when reading a book. Also, when you stop the VO a key from reading, it dumps you back at the top of the document again, not where you stopped reading. That means that every time you stop reading you lose your place. This is a common thing that I'd think most blind people would want to do, so I must be missing something obvious. What's the solution and/or what am I missing?

Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: (814) 746-4502 or 888-75-BUDDY
Check out some of the best music you've never heard, and claim your free trial platinum mmembership: http://www.musicforte.com/trial/bbrannan Check out the new Watkins: natural plant-based home care and our 2007 holiday gift line: http://www.tastyshop.net And claim your free mall: Unlimited earning potential just for the shopping you already do: http://www.powermall.info