[macvoiceover] Re: rA couple of points here. How do I get rid of Message headers?

  • From: Cara Quinn <Cara-Quinn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 09:21:45 -0800

Cheryl thanks for the note. I too use more than one method, and suggested the one I did, because I felt it would be the easiest for someone new to the operation, but it obviously didn't turn out to be easy! lol!

This variance though, as you mention, is a particular aspect of the Mac that I really dig as well! There are several ways to do a thing, so that one's personal tastes can really come into play to make one's experience a nice, pleasant one.

Have a terrific day!…

Laters,

Cara  :)

On Jan 6, 2009, at 8:53 AM, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

1. This is a classic example of the way things can be done several ways on the Mac, so the things that Cara and Travis in particular have posted aren't contradictory; they are just different ways of doing things. I personally tend to do things the way Travis described but this is totally a matter of personal preference.

2. If you are trying to get rid of extra material both at the top and the bottom of the message and want to make sure you only delete what you intended to delete, it may be safer to use shift-down-arrow or shift-up-arrow when selecting; that way you are hearing line by line what is being selected. It's slower but if you're at all afraid you are going to delete the wrong thing, it's safer.

3. For those of us who don't normally quote original messages in our replies, editing messages in this way is kind of a pain because we have to turn the quoting messages feature on and off and I don't think there's a shortcut key combination to do this. However, you can do the same thing, it appears to me, using forward instead of reply and then saving to drafts once you've edited.

--
Cheryl

---
View my Online Portfolio at: