[macvoiceover] Re: quick nav or not to quick nav: was: Re: Re: links in mail

  • From: Richie Gardenhire <rhire1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 16:35:07 -0900

No problem, Ray. You just taught me something I will now be aware, once I install Snow Leopard on one of my Macs; which one, I'm not sure. Richie Gardenhire, Anchorage, Alaska.

On Dec 23, 2009, at 4:31 PM, Ray Foret jr wrote:

Yeah, it's in Snow Lepard. I thought you had it and therefore, I was a little confused about why you were talking about the VO lock.

Sincerely,
The Constantly BAREFOOTED Ray!!!

Now a Mac User!!!

Phone:
+1 (985) 360-3614

E-mail:
rforetjr at comcast dot net

Skype Name:
barefootedray

On Dec 23, 2009, at 7:22 PM, Richie Gardenhire wrote:

That doesn't work in Leopard; I just tried it. That must be new in Snow Leopard, which I don't have, as yet. I was going to get it but my wife talked me out of it. I have the sneaking suspicion my kids are getting it for me. But thanks for the correction. Richie Gardenhire, Anchorage, Alaska.

On Dec 23, 2009, at 4:12 PM, Ray Foret jr wrote:

Uh, I have to correct you on this one Rich.

Quick nav is not activated by pressing control+option+semicolon. It's activated by pressing the left and right arrow keys together. Once you've done this, just press left right up and down arrows by themselves. To interact with an item, press down and right arrows together. To stop interacting, press down and left together. To activate an item, press up and down together. To turn quick nav off, press left and right together. What you were talking about was not quick nav; rather, it was the voice over lock feature, which, I mainly use when selecting items non contiguously.

Sincerely,
The Constantly BAREFOOTED Ray!!!

Now a Mac User!!!

Phone:
+1 (985) 360-3614

E-mail:
rforetjr at comcast dot net

Skype Name:
barefootedray

On Dec 23, 2009, at 7:06 PM, Richie Gardenhire wrote:

To activate Quick Nav, press VO+semicolon; Quick Nav is a way to lock the VO keys so that they don't have to be pressed continually. And because it's a toggle command, you can either turn Quick Nav on or off. When the VO keys are locked, it's a way to use the arrow keys similarly to using them in Windows, but without pressing the VO keys. Hope this makes sense. Richie Gardenhire, Anchorage, Alaska.

On Dec 23, 2009, at 3:46 PM, Joe Plummer wrote:

Ok, but how does it work?

Sign,
JP ( Joe Plummer)
joeplummer@xxxxxxx