[macvoiceover] Re: questions regarding the control eject shut down dialog in snow leopard

  • From: Ricardo Walker <rwalker296@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 02:06:25 -0400

Interesting.
I just tried control eject and a restart dialog box popped up and the first thing it lands on is the restart button. Voiceover was talking the entire time.
On Sep 7, 2009, at 9:50 PM, Keith Reedy wrote:

It is a bug.

Keith Reedy

Click the link below to download MP3's of Keith Reedy's music as a gift from Bibles For The Blind.

http://biblesfortheblind.org/download_music.shtml

God gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him. J Hudson Taylor.

On Sep 7, 2009, at 9:39 PM, Marty Rimpau wrote:

Hi all, I tried the control eject dialog for shut down, but I was curious as to what was in the dialog, and while exploring the dialog, voice over stopped working, and I didn't know what to do, and the computer was still running, so since I couldn't think of anything else to do, I started vo right arrowing, then, I pressed vo space, and heard one of the sounds, then I pressed vo right arrow again, and pressed vo space bar, and the computer shut down, so, what is happening when you enter this dialog, and is there any way to control the timing of the dialog so that you can explore what is in this dialog, as I feel one has a right to do without voice over quitting? I saw the shut down icon, sleep, restart, and the shut down button, but I always explore a dialog to see what is there, so until I know differently, I will just use the shut down ellipses from the menus, unless somebody can tell me what to do when voice over goes away in that dialog? Thanks in advance.