[macvoiceover] Re: questions regarding the clock

  • From: Ignasi Cambra <ignasicambra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 15:24:31 -0400

Just type San Francisco, and you probably won't need to do anything else... If I position myself on top of the combo box without interacting with it, I can type the name of a city, and if there is more than one match a list pops up, i just select the one i like and that's it...

Does it not work the same way for you?

On Jun 17, 2009, at 12:00 PM, Marty Rimpau wrote:

Hi Ignasi, what is called a pop up in the text, is referred to as a
combo box, as you vo to it, so when I pressed vo space bar on the combo
box, the way you would on a pop up, and arrowed down to San Francisco,
and pressed vo space bar again, I immediately lost speech, plus, why is
the only pdt, why aren't the other times listed as well, guess I'm
confused.  On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 05:24:16 -0400, Ignasi Cambra wrote:

Just put the VO cursor on the list of cities where you say that
Cupertino is selected, but don't interact with it. Then type your
city, and it will appear in there for you. Let me know if you have any

problems!

On Jun 16, 2009, at 11:29 PM, Marty Rimpau wrote:

Hi all, I was just looking around in the date and time tab in system
preferences, and in the time zone tab, it says click your part of
the world, then choose the closest city from the pop up menu, but
all I found was pdt, and when I tried changing the city from
Cupertino, to San Francisco, I completely lost speech, so, how does
one change time zones, if they're going to move?  I did raise the
clock voice to 100%, but just wondering, since somebody helped me
with this when I first got my mac mini.  I tried checking the check
box that said click the lock to prevent any changes, to see if that
might reveal anymore choices, but it didn't, so is there any way to
change the time, and can you control when it checks for the correct
time, and how often it checks like you can with some of the programs
on the more popular operating system?  Thanks in advance for any
assistance with this.

Manage your subscription by using the web interface on the link
below.

with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the
Webinterface at //www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover