[macvoiceover] Re: questions about flip for mac installation

  • From: Dan Eickmeier <va3ets@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 18:25:19 -0400

Hi,
what I usually do if I want to select anyhting on web pages, is to hit VO return right before hte text that I want to select starts, VO arrow to the end of what I want to select, hit vo return again to turn selection off, and then I can copy it with command c, and paste it wherever I want with command V. Hope this helps.
On Oct 19, 2008, at 11:22 AM, Jeanette Beal wrote:

I have a question about copying and pasting in safari.  I can't get
anything to select so I can't copy.  I vo/arrow down to interact with
the text, then I hit vo/sshift and the over arrows and I get nothin.
It's driiving me nuts!
Is there magic to selecting/copying in safari that I don't know or is
this a design flaw?
Helps pleases!
Jeanette

On 10/19/08, Marty Rimpau <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all, I installed flip for mac, but in the installer, it said if you want to play windows media content from the web, choose custom install, so I did that, and the player is installed, but my problem is, that the installer package is 11mb in size, yet, when I looked in applications,
in the flip for mac folder, the player was only 400kb in size, so
shouldn't the whole thing have gotten installed, and second, I have
some .asx files, but when I try and play them, I get a dialog, saying
something about the incompatible movie component, and I brought my
radio short cuts folder over to the mac, so, how can I make these .asx
files work with quick time, and as I say, shouldn't the whole 11mb
package have been installed in the flip for mac folder in the
applications folder? Thanks in advance for any assistance, but I wish
that the installer type buttons in the flip for mac installer package
were labeled, but all they say is image.

Marty

"Talent is an invention like phlogiston after the fact of fire" - Marge Piercy