[macvoiceover] Re: question about info on the screen

  • From: "Marshall F. Scott" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 08:07:34 -0600

Hi Carla,
If you need to move the entire window, press VO and the accent key. Then use the arrow keys to move the window around the screen until you are satisfied with the location. Press the Escape key to leave this mode. If you need to find the accent key, press VO-K to enter keyboard help, locate the key and then press Escape to exit keyboard help.
HTH
Marsh

On Sep 30, 2008, at 9:41 PM, Randy Stegall wrote:

Hi Carla,

What application are you using for your son's homework? Assuming you use Text Edit you can go to the top of the document if the text you want to work with is there. I am assuming that there is nothing else in the document so with that in mind you will want to move the VO cursor to the beginning of the document. Once there you can tap the return key two or three times to move the text down. With your son's help you can press return until he sees it more clearly.

This is the same technique that I am using to type this reply accept I did not have to press return. Your message has been moved further down the screen when mail wraps.

Hope this helps.

Randy

On Sep 30, 2008, at 10:48 PM, Carla Roller wrote:

I have been using my macbook as a way to help my son do homework. I need to know how I can change the position of the written words on the screen from the top to the middle of the screen for example. Yes, I agree that this is probably a question for a low vision person as I am also totally blind. I sure hope I am making sense. I just know that my screen needs to be changed in order for my son to use it beter. If this helps, my son is sighted. He is just learning to write sentences and such. I home school so this is very important. Thanks in advance, Carla