[macvoiceover] Re: question

  • From: Randy Stegall <kc4gfr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 17:02:42 -0500

try doing the following.

1.  With voiceover running press the vo keys plus the letter h twice.  You will
be in the commands list.
2.  Down arrow to the audio menu.
3.  Press right arrow.  You will be in the audio menu.
4.  Press down arrow until you reach mute voiceover toggle.
5.  Press return.  This will unmute voiceover.

I have tried these steps to verify that they work.  You may want to go into
voiceover's keyboard commander and set a hot key to toggle voiceover mute.
This is what I have done.

I hope this helps.

Randy
On Dec 26, 2009, at 3:58 AM, Stephanie Mitchell wrote:

> Hi.
> Yes I do. My husband is helping me.
> He unmuted the speech but there still isn't any. No matter what he does, if
> it's muted, or unmuted, it still won't speak. If if he turns vo off and back
> on, it says "voiceover running, speech off". All other sound works fine.
> Listening to youtube right now.
> Steph

>>> 3. Press the tab key two times to bring focus to the check box for muting
>>> speech.
>>> 4. press the spacebar and speech should return.