[macvoiceover] Re: printers/scanners/all in ones?

  • From: Travis Siegel <windowbridge@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 10:43:33 -0600

I wasn't impressed with omnipage.
I'm much happier with read iris.
If you can find a printer that comes with read iris, I think you'll be happier with it. My wife's printer came with read iris 9, and I've used it many times to ocr images (not all of them from the printer) and it works fairly well.

On Jan 23, 2008, at 1:03 AM, The BlindTechs Network wrote:

I am looking at apples site for a printer. the one I am looking at now is this one
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=8E66CE41&fnode=home/shop_mac/mac_accessories/printers&nplm=TN631LL/A

the reason why I am looking at that one is it comes with omnipage se for ocr, is this a mac version?

I seen a couple of hp units on there but none of them mentioned ocr drivers or anything to that affect. I am needing a scanner with ocr software so I am looking at an all in one to kill two birds with one stone. any ideas?

The BlindTechs Network
www.theblindtechsnetwork.com
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
623-565-9357 (west phoenix Arizona)