[macvoiceover] Re: preparing for your install of snow leopard; something to consider:

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 12:26:58 -0400

if you don't do a seven pass erace, bits of the previous will get mixed into the new install.

On Aug 28, 2009, at 12:17 PM, Giacinto Chianchiano wrote:

7 Pass erase has nothing to do with clean install.

Inviato da iPhone

Il giorno 28/ago/2009, alle ore 18.02, David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > ha scritto:

the problem is that unless you do a 7 pass erace, you don't actually get a clean install.

On Aug 28, 2009, at 11:59 AM, ashley wrote:

7 Hours? Wow! I just did the normal erase and did it in 2 minutes. Fine for me as the data will only be written over again by snow leopard.

ash
Personal website:
www.ashleycox.co.uk
----- Original Message ----- From: "David Poehlman" <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx >