[macvoiceover] Re: "please wait while we process your request endlessly":

  • From: Tim Grady <tgrady@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 08:44:34 -0400

I think there is some problem with voiceover and java apps as I seem to get that message on a lot of web sites that rely heavily on Java like for instance directv.com .

On Jun 19, 2009, at 9:20 PM, Brett Campbell wrote:

I shared your exact experience, with the exception of getting any credit. This may be a crazy coincidence, but I decided to turn VoiceOver off and asked a sighted person to give it a try. Wouldn't you know it, the phone activated! I had that stupid please wait while we process your request hour after hour, try after try. Turned off VO and it connected the first time. It's worth a try if you have access to a set of eyes.

Brett

On Jun 19, 2009, at 5:53 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

Folk;

This is going to be somewhat of a rant because I am sorely frustrated at what seems to be ineptitude on either apple or att's part.

As I mentioned in a message earlier and I am actually in the same position I was then, I was to call apple back around 5 pm. That call lead to a discussion or several with AT&T. First, there was no record that I had accepted the terms and conditions. Geee, funny, the IPhone is here and wouldn't have been if I had not because the order would not habe been placed. Next, There was no order in the system. Funny, I have an IPhone. We dealt with imeie issues and sim serial number issues and yes, even got asked the serial number of the IPhone which by the way if you ever need it is in system profile when your phone is connected now matter what state it is in if it is drawing power.

I've been being told to wait on ITunes all day and then they decided to work on this with AT&T. After all that I am still being told to wait on ITunes.

AT&T did give me a credit for my *trouble*.
I still wait.