[macvoiceover] Re: playing movies

  • From: Jacob Schmude <j.schmude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 12:00:31 -0400

Hi
Quicktime player with the Windows Media components, or VLC player from
www.videolan.org/vlc
Both are free.
Note that neither of these will play protected windows media files, and there is no way on the Mac to do so, as Microsoft does not allow this and will not license the required technology.

On Mar 18, 2009, at 11:42, Marie Howarth wrote:

Hey guys,
Just a question. Is there any software out there that is compatible with voice over and plays both Avi and WMV files? Preferably the cheaper the better.
Thanks
Marie

The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.
        --Douglas Adams