[macvoiceover] Re: pdf books on iPhone

  • From: Ian Edwards <ianedwards42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 15:24:01 -0700

Here's what I've learned so far.

You can sync a pdf to iBooks through iTunes.
When you get a pdf via email, including if you email it to yourself, you have
the option to open it in iBooks. Steps are
1. Open message.
2. Double tap the attachment button. The help prompt says double tap to
download.
3. Double tap the attachment button again, helper prompt says double tap to
view the attachment.
4. Double tap the action button.
5. Double tap open in iBooks.
It then opens in iBooks and apparently is there on your bookshelf. I've been
having trouble navigating my bookshelf once books are there. I assume I'll
figure out what I was doing wrong and things will be fine from there.

Ian