[macvoiceover] Re: pages for iPhone question

  • From: Bryan Duarte <bryan0731@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 09:45:01 -0700

Ricardo, and Pavel,

Here is how to rename a document that you create in Pages on an iDevice. This
process is not done on the iDevice, just as exporting a document to the iDevice
is not. You must rename the document from the iCloud web site. Here is how I
will explain why later.

1. visit www.icloud.com/iwork
2. click sign in
3. enter your iCloud user name associated with your iDevice
4. click on the iWork tab
5. when you find the "Frame" called "iWork" interact with this by pressing VO +
down arrow
6. in here you should see all the documents you have created on your iDevice.
** note if it is not showing up make sure your device is connected to the
internet and it will automatically sync.
7. find the document you want to rename then go one more place over to the date
it was created. Click on this date and it will enter you into an edit field.
8. This is where you enter the new name.
9. when finished press VO + space bar to accept it. It will automatically
update to your iDevice.

I want to say this looks like a lot of steps but it really is quite simple. I
write it like this so it is easy to follow.

THe reason for this method is because iCloud is suppose to be the intermediary
storage and cloud to sync media between your devices. The theory is that you
will not create a whole document on Pages on an iDevice. You will edit, create
on the iDevice but ultimately complete it on your computer. I believe that the
update to this feature will have to be made to Pages not iCloud. There are
other ways of doing this but honestly this method is the simplest. Hope this
helps...