[macvoiceover] Re: open office makes vo very unresponsive

  • From: Michael Reiser <blindguy21@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 15:24:28 -0500

Will definitely get it, unfortunately safari 4 keeps crashing everytime I go to the apple store, very strange.

Mike
On Jun 8, 2009, at 3:17 PM, Keith Reedy wrote:

Once you get the correct adapter, things should be fine.

Keith Reedy

On Jun 8, 2009, at 3:57 PM, Michael Reiser wrote:

Hello Keeth,

I tried to connect it to the connection on the computer and it did not fit. It also doesn't fit into the adaptor. The adaptor is currently connected to the computer still, so does the mac mini think it is a monitor? If not, can I change this or will the other adaptor solve this? Thanks,

Mike
On Jun 8, 2009, at 10:27 AM, Keith Reedy wrote:

Have you tried to connect the monitor with out the adapter?

Keith Reedy

On Jun 8, 2009, at 10:00 AM, Michael Reiser wrote:

Yes the monitor won't fit the adaptor that came with the mac mini so I'm going to get the mini display port to vga adaptor for it. I kind've wish apple would have told me about this when I talked to them but I probably should have asked also smiles. Thanks,

Mike
On Jun 8, 2009, at 8:10 AM, Keith Reedy wrote:

Mike,

The lack of a monitor, or, the adapter that makes your mini think there is a monitor, will cause you a good deal of problems and to me, that sounds like one of them.

Keith Reedy

On Jun 8, 2009, at 8:37 AM, Michael Reiser wrote:

Yes I'm using 3.1. It's so bad I can't get through the wizard very quickly for getting started. I suspect the lack of a monitor has something to do with it. Four gigs of ram should be just fine.

Mike
On Jun 7, 2009, at 7:50 PM, John Panarese wrote:

I know Open Office can become sluggish at times, and the way documents are presented needs some getting used to. However, I am not experiencing anything to the degree you are. Are you using the latest version of Open Office, which is, I think, 3.1?

John D. Panarese
Managing Director
Technologies for the Visually Impaired, Inc.
9 Nolan Court
Hauppauge, NY 11788
Tel/Fax, (631) 724-4479
Email, tvii@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Internet, http://www.tvi-web.com

AUTHORIZED DISTRIBUTORS FOR PORTSET SYSTEMS LTD, COMPSOLUTIONS VA, PREMIER ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGIES, INDEX, PAPENMEIER, REPRO- TRONICS, DUXBURY, SEROTEK AND OTHER PRODUCTS FOR THE BLIND AND VISUALLY IMPAIRED

MAC VOICEOVER TRAINING AND SUPPORT

On Jun 7, 2009, at 7:30 PM, Michael Reiser wrote:

Hello all,

I just got my mac mini a few days ago. I'm trying to use open office. When I load it however, when trying to get through the wizard, voiceover becomes very unresponsive. Basically it takes several seconds to respond when I press vo rightarrow. I have the higher end mac mini with a 2.0 ghz processor and 4 gigs of ram. I must also point out that I was not able to hook upp a monitor because it won't fit the port on the computer. It also will not plug into the adaptor that came with it. The adaptor is in the port. I was just wondering if anyone has seen this and is the lack of the monitor contributing to this problem? Is the adaptor being plugged in enough to tell the system that a monitor device is plugged in? Thanks and would apreciate a fix,
Mike