[macvoiceover] numpad on a macbook

  • From: William Windels <william.windels@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 21:10:49 +0100

Hi all,
I have a macbook with a azerty keyboard like the most Belgian and French people
use.
I would like to use the hotspot-function in Snow leopard.
The default-keys that are assigned to the hotspot-functions , don't work on a
azerty keyboard I think.
One of the problems is that the numbers , at the top of the keyboard, are used
in combination with the shift-key.
Also , the assignment of the keys is not logical for people that use a
azerty-keyboard.

For this reason , I would remap the hotspot keys.

At the first look, this seems not easy.

I was thinking to use the internal numblock-function on my macbook with
fn+j,k,l, for the numbers 1,2,3.
This system is on mostly all windows laptops but not on matchbooks as far as I
see.
For me, this is a big disadvantage...

So, me question:
are there :
options to remap the keys of the hotspot-function,
possibilitys to simulate a numlock-function on a macbook

Any help is very welcome,
best regards,
William Windels>