[macvoiceover] Re: nfb trashes voiceover:

  • From: Marie Howarth <marie.jane2005@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 13:29:14 +0100

it is a disgrace. I cannot believe that such an inaccurate piece was written. I have friends in the US that have a negative impression of the NFB and I had always given them the benefit of doubt, but what organisation reports such trash? maybe they should ask one of us to report on VO? at least we know the truth. And to compare Mac to Windows or Jaws to VO is ridiculous.

Sorry, this is prob not the place.
sorry mods.

On Jun 10, 2009, at 1:18 PM, Ignasi Cambra wrote:

I read it this morning on the macvisionaries list. It's ridiculous.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Anne Robertson <conseil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: June 10, 2009 3:50:14 AM EDT
To: Snow Leopard <seedvosnowleopard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: And a beta tester wrote this

Hello everyone,

I just read this article and noticed that it was written by someone on this list. I wouldn't mind if the observations were fair and reasonable, but they're not.

Who ever heard of anyone learning to use Windows with Jaws without training? Apple is being held to a completely different standard from any other hardware or software or screenReader provider.

Here's the link:
All;

While not surprising, This article certainly shows a good deal of what the nfb is all about here and this after they went around saying they were responsible for apple making ITunes and the IPod accessible.

http://www.nfb.org/images/nfb/Publications/bm/bm09/bm0906/ bm090606.htm