[macvoiceover] Re: new web-based Kindle app for IPad

  • From: Joel Zimba <zimbameister@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 09:59:18 -0400

This sounds promising.  How about muting the phone, just as in ibooks?

Joel

On 8/11/2011 7:32 AM, Jim Fettgather wrote:

I was sure intrigued by this web-based Kindle app, so I tried it out on the iPad.

Initially, all I found were all of the titles in my Kindle library, but by accident, I found an unlabeled link, and one of the books began to download for off line reading.

I was actually able to find the text of the book on the iPad, but each word was separated by a click, much the same way as you might read a paragraph, hear a click, another paragraph, and so on.

But this was a click after each word, literally.

So, interesting, but not so usable.

On 8/10/2011 5:19 PM, Mary Otten wrote:
Hi all,

Has anybody tried this app that was just released? I assume the books
won't be accessible with vo, just as they are not on the native Ipad
app. But was curious if anybody has tried it yet.

mary